THE IMPACTS OF MODERN COMMUNICATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF KWARA ETHNIX DESIGNS INDUSTRY ILORIN KWARA STATE)
This project is focuses on the impact of modern communication on the performance of business organization. A case study of Kwara Ethnix Designs Plc., Ilorin. The research work is divided into five chapters in order to enhance effective activities that are: Chapter one is based on introduction i.e the historical background of the case study, statement of the problem, the limitation, the significance and purpose of the study are also stated. Chapter two is based on review of related literature under this heading, work which are related to the present study were reviewed. Chapter three deals with research methodology. Chapter four focus on interpretation of data for decision making. Chapter five deals with summary conclusion and recommendation made based on our findings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Statement of the Problem
1.2 Purpose of the Study
1.3 Significance of the Study
1.4 Scope of the Study
1.5 Limitation of the Study
1.6 Historical background of the case study
1.7 Definitions of terms relating to the topic
1.8 Research Hypothesis
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Meaning of Modern Communication
2.2 Development of Modern Communication in the Business Organization
2.3 Modern Communication Tools: Brief Description
2.4 Merits and Demerits of each Communication Tool
2.5 Impacts of Modern Communication Tools in the Performance of Business Organization
2.6 Factors to be considered in selecting Communication Tools by a Business Organization
2.7 Modern Communication Tools and Nigeria Business Environment
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Sampling Techniques and Sample Size
3.3 Data Collecting Method
3.4 Data Analysis Techniques
4.1 Data Presentation and AnalysisCHAPTER FIVE
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Any business organization either public or private holding be it profit oriented or socially oriented that desires rapid development in all its ramifications would neither despise nor neglect modern communication. This is because communication is an essential tools of achieving the organization goals both within and outside the country.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to investigate:
i. The modern communication tools available to Nigerian business organization
ii. The impacts of modern communication on the performance of business organization either positively or negatively. 1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will highlight the impacts of modern communication on performance of business organization. It will also throw more light on how the effective communication is paramount in Kwara Ethnix Designs Industries Ilorin and in our society at large. The result is expected to be of help in the following ways.
- To serve as check and balance on management function especially when making decision or planning for the business which futuristic in nature.
- It will motivate the businessman to take care of and adopt modern means of communication in the business organization.
- It should also be noted that the development for modern communication plays a vital role in business organization today.
- The aims of studying the impact of modern communication on the performance in business organization is to draw the attention of both the management and workers of an organization to the essence of communication.
- As serve as a guide, reference or material for researchers who will be taking communication as their research topic or project.
Lastly, this focus and study bridges a gap between “olden and modern means of communication on the performance of business organization and only the people or organization with capital (fund) will be able to afford or acquired and maintain the modern means of communication.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Modern communication covers a large area thus only important areas will be touched as deemed necessary by the researcher so that efforts will be made to limit emphasis on some selected topics that are closely related to modern communication. However, emphasis will mostly be on the chosen case study, that is Kwara Ethnix Designs Industry Ilorin.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope covered in this study is Kwara Ethnix Designs Industry Ilorin, Kwara State due to time and financial constraint, the study will be limited to the impacts of modern communication on the performance of business organization (A case study of Kwara Ethnix Design Industry Ilorin).
1.6 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF KWARA ETHNIX DESIGNS PLC
Kwara Ethnix Designs Plc is an indigenous furniture manufacturing company established in the year 2005 through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Ethnix Design South Africa and Kwara State Government. The head office is situated at Abdulmalik Road Industrial Area Gaa-Immam Ilorin Kwara State.
Kwara Ethnix designs Plc (KENPLC) produces a range of furniture in various styles, namely Sofas, Armchairs, Wing-backs, Tub, chair for office etc. KENPLC intends to produces a defined range of product and styles for individual, government and corporate customers.
The company owns over 100 sophisticated machines both for case goods and upholsteries materials. KEN PLC’s day-to-day operation is managed by the under listed personnel.
1. Mr. Ismet Osman Penniken is Chairman/CEO (South Africa)
2. Alhaji T.A. Abdulkareem FCCA, ACA is the vice chairman (Kwara State Accountant General)
3. Maxwell Morgan, is the Executive Director (British)
4. Peter Onayalongha LLB, BL is the company secretary and legal adviser
5. Sheriff Abdulateef, ACA is the finance manager.
6. Joseph Musi is the manager logistics (South Africa)
7. Alhaji Abdulkadir Alanamu is the marketing/sales manager
8. Surajudeen Onitola is the factory manager
Since it’s inception the company have carried out numerous furniture/furnishing jobs for several high profile clients, including holds, cooperate entitle, universities, ministries, states and local governments. Among them are:
(a) Furnishing of the entire blocks at federal palace hotel, Lagos
(b) Furnishing of Ikoyi Hotel (now southern sun) Lagos
(c) Furnishing of a 3 block at Kwara Hotel Ilorin
(d) Provision of furniture to the staff quarter, students hostels, lecture hall and office at Kwara state university, Malete
(e) Furnishing of governors lodge and office complex Ilorin etc
The Department in the organization are:
- Administrative Department
- Purchasing Department
- Sales Department
- Raw Materials Department
- Production Department
- Technical Department
- Silicate Department
- Auditing Department 1.7 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS RELATING TO THE TOPIC
A. Modern Communication: The development of technology that has taken place in the process of sending, giving and receiving information, fact and ideas.
B. Performance: The act of process or performing a task and action
C. Effective: Piece of information put across that produce feedback (result)
D. Business: It’s organization established mainly for the purpose of producing and distributing goods and services with view to making profits.
E. Organization: Group of people with special purpose
1.8 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
This study seeks to provide answers to the following questions
1. Does modern communication contribute to the development of business organization?
2. Does lack of effective communication affect workers efficiency?
3. Can there be existence of business organization at all without communication?
4. Does lack of effective communication in the performance of business organization have negative effect?
5. Communication tools helps in the performance of business organization either positively or negative..